I’m afraid to announce that I have been hit by Baba Yaga’s curse.
I can’t think of any other reason why I would’ve fallen down the stairs.
I apologize in advance for the emails that I may miss, the work that is going to take me 10 times longer to complete, and anything that remains undone for the next five weeks.
Here are just a few of the things that are going to be showing up in my fiction:
- what it feels like to lose two hours of memory
- what it feels like to be going in and out of consciousness, wondering if you are trapped in Groundhog Day-like circumstances
- what it feels like to try to drive with a broken wrist, while telling yourself it is only sprained
- what it feels like to hear yourself explain your Groundhog Day moment to the doctor and see him get very concerned
- what it feels like to hold your anesthetized arm still for the x-ray technician, who needs three different views of your broken wrist
- that moment when the doctor says walk-in care isn’t going to do the trick and you need to go to the ER
- the ambulance ride
- the ER waiting room (with the child who stuck a crayon in her ear)
- being a test monkey for many tests
- having surgery so I can be one millionth bionic now
- what a nerve blockers really feels like
- what it really means when the doctor says do not take a shower for six weeks
Art contest registration is going to be lengthened because I was unable to do anything for the last week. Registration deadline will be June 15 and the contest will close June 30.
Let’s hope Baba Yaga is satisfied now.
More details to follow,
PS: do you think I should offer a prize for the most creative virtual cast signature?